Medical Center TX Homes & Real Estate
The Medical Center is a diverse and well-liked neighborhood in the Houston Metropolitan Area, TX. It is located in south-central Houston and is home to one of the largest medical complexes in the world, the Texas Medical Center Corporation (TMC). There are over sixty-one life sciences institutions in the neighborhood, and thousands of researchers, physicians, technicians, and healthcare providers live and work in the area.
While the medical establishment comprises a lot of The Medical Center, this neighborhood also features shops, restaurants, parks, and homes. This neighborhood is located between Rice University, Hermann Park, and Brays Bayou. Located nearby, Hermann Park, The Houston Zoo and Miller Outdoor Theatre.
Things to Love in The Medical Center
Residents love the convenience and amenities of The Medical Center. Here are a few more reasons to love this Houston neighborhood.
• Proximity to world-class medical institutions
• Easy access to downtown Houston, which enables commuting
• METRORail and light rail service
• Great public schools
• Diverse population
• Variety of housing types, including apartments, condominiums, and single-family homes
The Medical Center provides an urban feel and particularly appeals to young professionals and those in the medical industry. Many residents of The Medical Center rent their homes. However, single-family homes are available for purchase in the area.
If you want to live in an area with great nightlife, access to shopping and restaurants, and a family-friendly atmosphere, then The Medical Center may be the right choice for you!
The Medical Center is close enough to downtown Houston that residents have access to all of the amenities the metropolitan area offers. However, The Medical Center itself provides many interesting activities. You and your family may enjoy the following.
• The many beautiful trails and parks, such as Hermann Park
• The Texas Medical Center Orchestra
• Great restaurants, such as Two Guys Pizzeria and Glazed the Doughnut Café
• Museum of Fine Arts Houston
• The Holocaust Museum
• Miller Outdoor Theatre
• NRG Stadium
The Medical Center has particularly good public schools, as it is served by the Houston Independent School District. The HISD is the largest school district in Texas. It has 283 schools serving pre-K to high school students. The HISD schools zoned in The Medical Center include the following.
• Elementary: Roberts Elementary School and Whidby Elementary School
• Middle: Cullen Middle School and Pershing Middle School
• High School: DeBakey High School for Health Professionals and Lamar High School
Many private schools serve The Medical Center neighborhood. These include the following.
• St. Nicholas School
• Montessori School of Downtown
• Melinda Webb School for the Deaf
Approximately 70% of The Medical Center residents are renters. However, there is a wealth of choice for those looking to buy in the neighborhood. Housing options range from single-family homes built mostly from the 1940s to today, townhomes, and mid- and high-rise condominiums.
If you are interested in living in a convenient and happening part of Houston, you need to consider The Medical Center. Contact the realtors at The Kinne Group today. We can help you find your perfect home in this amazing neighborhood!